The actions of a truly ‘thankful’ person…
It all comes from the 100th Psalm
1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.2 Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3 Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Here are the actions
1. Be Heard – make a joyful noise unto the Lord
2. Be Happy – serve the Lord with gladness
3. Be Humble – know the Lord has made us, and not we ourselves
4. Be Holy – enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise
5. Behold – the Lord is good, merciful, and longsuffering
Between the turkey and the tea, give some thanks to the One Who made it all possible. And not just through words over the table, but through a life that is pleasing unto the Lord.